Statesville is a Public Power community, a municipally-owned and operated electric service. More than 70 communities in North Carolina serve more than 500,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers. These communities are collectively known as NC Public Power.
The N.C. Public Power website includes comprehensive information
for residential customers, including:
- information about the history of the power agencies and public power,
- facts about the power agencies,
- storm preparedness information,
- energy efficiency tips,
- information about the NC Public Power plug-in hybrid electric vehicle,
- renewable energy portfolio standards updates, and
- a listing of jobs available in public power across the state.
ElectriCities is a not-for-profit government service organization representing cities, towns and universities that own electric distribution systems. Today, ElectriCities represents more than 90 members in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. Formed back in 1965 to protect the interests of Public Power customers, and to provide a unified voice to speak out in the North Carolina legislature, ElectriCities continues today to serve Public Power communities.