(Pictured in center photo, from left) Deputy Fire Marshal Ed Hodges, Fire & Life Safety Educator Tanya Mussetter,Lieutenant Maury Jenkins, Fire Marshal Mike Billings
The Fire and Life Safety Division of the Statesville Fire Department is responsible for:
- Plan review for all new commercial and residential development within the City's jurisdiction
- Issuing and collecting fees for all Fire and Special Use Permits
- Performing fire inspections in assembly, business, mercantile, factory-industrial, hazardous, daycare, foster care, institutional and educational facilities
- Conducting fire investigations to determine the origin and cause of fires
- Fire safety education for Statesville area businesses, schools and daycares
To schedule an inspection or request service from the Fire and Life Safety Division, please call 704.878.3401 or click here.
All plan review submittals must be made to:
Statesville Fire Department
Attn: Fire & Life Safety Division
P.O. Box 1111
Statesville, NC 28687
All submittals must include a Plan Review Application from the Statesville Fire Department. A copy of the application can be obtained on our website (Plan Review Application
) or at the Statesville Fire Department Administrative Offices located at:
Statesville City Hall
227 S. Center St.
Statesville, NC 28677
The permit fee shall be paid at the time of application. (Fee Schedule
Inspection requests should be scheduled at least two (2) days prior to the desired inspection date.
All installations shall be in accordance with the approved plans. Any deviations from the plans should be discussed with the Fire Marshal prior to making changes. Some changes will require a re-submittal to the Fire Department for review.
System installations shall not begin without a permit. Final approvals are subject to field inspections. Any approval issued by the Fire Marshal does not release the contractor or property owner from the responsibility of full compliance with all applicable codes.