The goal of the Citizens' Police Academy is to increase community understanding of police services and to inform interested cadets of the career opportunities available at the Statesville Police Department. The blocks of instruction are designed to help the citizen better understand police functions. It will also provide an opportunity for your feedback, to help us better serve you and the community.
Each class will be taught by a police officer who will discuss the functions of each division. Some of the topics to be discussed are:
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- Gang Awareness
- Crime Prevention
- Use of Force
- Crime Scene Processing
- DWI Enforcement
As cadets you will participate in a ride along with a patrol officer, receive hands on training in subject control and arrest techniques, and face very exciting yet very challenging shoot or no shoot situations utilizing a simulator.
- 18 years of age prior to the first meeting
- Agree to sign a wavier
- Live in Iredell County with preference given to residents of Statesville
- Have no serious misdemeanors, felony convictions or current indictments
- Complete an application (click here to download an application)
- Attach a copy of your drivers’ license or identification card
The next Citizens' Academy class will be scheduled for the fall of 2013.
Once the application is reviewed and a background investigation completed, you will receive confirmation by telephone of your acceptance into the class.
For more information, call
Officer Chan Austin @ 704.878.3442
Application for Upcoming Citizens' Academy