CHECK BACK FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS REGULARLY ....
Please join us for Santa's Workshop on December 6th @ the Statesville Fitness & Activity Center. Participants must pre-register for this fun and free event! For more information please click here!
Celebrate National Parks and Recreation Month by letting us know how much you love Statesville's parks, facilities, greenways, pool and programs! Click here for more information
The Statesville Recreation and Parks Department strives to enhance the quality of life for citizens of Statesville through recreation programs, facilities and experiences designed to meet the leisure needs of the community and to provide people of every age, race and creed an opportunity to come together, participate, create and share the positive experiences of life.
10 Great Benefits of Parks and Recreation
- Public parks provide millions of Americans with the opportunity to be physically active.
- Parks have true economic benefits such as increasing property value, improving quality of life and making communities livable and desirable for businesses and homeowners.
- Parks provide vital green space in a fast-developing American landscape.
- Parks preserve critical wildlife habitat.
- Parks and recreation facilitate social interactions.
- Leisure activities in parks improve moods, reduce stress, and enhance a sense of wellness.
- Recreational programs provide organized, structured, enjoyable activities.
- Community recreation services provide a refuge of safety for at risk youth.
- Therapeutic recreation is an outlet that individuals with disabilities have to be physically active, socially engaged and cognitively stimulated.
- Public parks embody the American tradition of preserving public lands for the benefit and use of all.
To learn more about what the Recreation and Parks Department has to offer please click on the areas in which you are interested:
Community Appearance Commission
Programs & Activities
Statesville Leisure Pool