Before industries can discharge to our collection system they must be reviewed for proposed discharges and where appropriate, obtain a permit before discharge of waste can begin.
The permitting process can begin during the initial construction. The industry should contact the Pretreatment Division of the Water Resources Department in order to obtain a permit application or click here. The persons to contact are Brandy Johnson, Pretreatment Coordinator or Jerry Byerly, Assistant Director. To support the application, the industry shall submit for approval:
- Standard Industrial Classification code
- Any analytical data on wastewater
- Water consumption and flow rates
- Site plans
- Description of processes and facilities
- Pretreatment units used
- The presence or absence of pollutants in the waste stream as listed on the application, when known
When plans and application are approved, a permit and Authorization to Construct Pretreatment facilities are issued. There is a $300 permit fee. Once construction is completed, an inspection is conducted by the Pretreatment staff prior to discharge. Sampling begins once production and discharge starts.
SEWER SURCHARGE RATE