posted on March 10, 2014 10:59
Statesville City crews are working throughout the City to pick up and haul the limbs and yard debris left from last week’s ice storm. The process will go a lot quicker if the guidelines for limb pick-up are followed:
· Limbs should be cut into lengths of three to four feet and placed on the curb.
· Limbs and branches more than ten inches in diameter should be placed in a separate pile on the curb.
· Do not mix leaves and limbs.
· Do not place large piles of debris under electric lines.
· Be considerate of traffic and pedestrians – streets and sidewalks should not be blocked if at all possible.
Scott Harrell, Interim Public Works Director, indicated that for the next two weeks, the $25 fee, usually charged for large amount of debris, will be waived for storm-related debris only.
[Read the rest of this article...]